Backup Whole Home Generators
Whole home generators can protect your home, family and property when the power goes out. There are many ways you can lose power. A utility power surge can knock out a whole state or region. A single falling tree can leave your entire block in the dark. Or, what is becoming more and more common in Texas and other areas, there may be rolling blackouts due to a shortage of utility power.
Whatever the cause, power outages are becoming more frequent in the U.S., and can last anywhere from a few minutes to a few days or longer. During that time your family is vulnerable.
You can avoid that by getting a home backup generator installed. Total Energy Solutions sells reliable generators, including trusted, national brands such as Kohler, Cummins and more, for backup residential power. In addition to whole home generator sales, our full-service company provides expert home generator installation, repairs and maintenance services throughout the greater Houston, Baton Rouge and Lafayette areas.
Why get a home generator system?
- Heat during the summer without air conditioning.
- Cold during the winter without heat.
- Food safety concerns from lack of refrigeration.
- Lack of hot water for bathing, cleaning etc.
- Security systems that can’t operate without power.
- Being unable to charge your mobile phone, tablet or other devices.
- No internet access.
- Medical equipment that requires power.
- Medications that require refrigeration.
How To Choose The Right Home Generator
Once you decide that a home generator system is right for you and your family, the next step is determining which model is right for you. With a vast knowledge of home generators, Total Energy Solutions’ consultants can guide you in deciding how many systems in your home you want to power, how many kilowatts of generator capacity you require and which generator model best fits your needs.
Choosing the right whole home generator is an important decision. There are a lot of makes and models to choose from and even more companies who sell them. Choosing the right generator and the right company to work with are the two most important decisions you’ll make.
The first thing we’ll help you determine during your free consultation is how much power you need. How much power you need is based on several things.
- How big is your home?
- How many AC units do you have?
- Do you want your whole home to have power, or just run the basics like AC and your refrigerator? (Read about what appliances you can run with your generator )
- Do you have natural gas service at your home or will you need propane?
That’s a lot to think about, isn’t it? Don’t worry, we are here to make the entire process easy. Call us now 877-832-1070, or submit the form provided and we’ll help you get the best whole home generator for your family’s needs.