Home generators can protect your home, family and property when the power goes out. There are many ways you can lose power. A utility power surge can knock out a whole state or region. A single falling tree can leave your entire block in the dark. Or, what is becoming more and more common, there may be rolling blackouts due to a shortage of utility power.
Whatever the cause, power outages are becoming more frequent in the U.S., and can last anywhere from a few minutes to a few days or longer. During that time your family is vulnerable.
Some things to consider include:
- Heat during the summer without air conditioning.
- Cold during the winter without heat.
- Food safety concerns from lack of refrigeration.
- Lack of hot water for bathing, cleaning etc.
- Security systems that can’t operate without power.
- Being unable to charge your mobile phone, tablet or other devices.
- No internet access.
- Medical equipment that requires power.
- Medications that require refrigeration.
Hurricane Harvey Special Offer
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT GENERATOR
Once you decide that a home generator system is right for you and your family, the next step is determining which model is right for you. With a vast knowledge of home generators, Total Energy Solutions’ consultants can guide you in deciding how many systems in your home you want to power, how many kilowatts of generator capacity you require and which generator model best fits your needs.
Choosing the right whole home generator is an important decision. There are a lot of makes and models to choose from and even more companies who sell them. Choosing the right generator and the right company to work with are the two most important decisions you’ll make.
The first thing we’ll help you determine during your free consultation is how much power you need. How much power you need is based on several things.
- How big is your home?
- How many AC units do you have?
- Do you want your whole home to have power, or just run the basics like AC and your refrigerator?
- Do you have natural gas service at your home or will you need propane?
That’s a lot to think about it isn’t it? Don’t worry, we are here to make the entire process easy. Call us now 877-835-1070, or send us an email and we’ll help you get the whole home generator your family needs.